Art Farm: CALL FOR ART
Art Farm 2022
Call for Art
YoloArts is pleased to announce that we will be celebrating our 15th Anniversary Art Farm Gala in October on the beautiful Gibson House property in Woodland. This daytime event will include an Art Harvest, silent auction, tacos and salsa bar by Tacos 911 Catering, and local farm food and wine tastings. All to be enjoyed 'al fresco' style among the old growth olive trees and native oaks.
Please review the Call for Art below for further information.
YoloArts invites Northern California artists to participate in the 15th annual Art Farm Opening Exhibition & Art Farm Gala (juried and non-juried). These events raise awareness and funds for the YoloArts Art & Ag Project, The Yolo Land Trust and Yolo Farm to Fork.
The Art & Ag Project connects artists with Yolo County farmers and provides the community a unique glimpse into the two worlds of artistic expression and agriculture.
EXHIBITION DATES and LOCATIONS
September 8 - October 15, 2022 (remaining artwork through Oct 22)
18 years or older and resident of Northern California
All entries may be inspired by Yolo County farms and farmlands; open spaces; food and bounty; agriculture; agricultural heritage.
Any media including painting, photography, drawing, mixed media, ceramics, sculpture, mosaics, fiber art, printmaking, and more. A variety of styles encouraged from representational, impressionistic, abstract and contemporary.
Art Farm Exhibition Opening:
September 8, 2022 5:30-8:00pm | The Barn Gallery 512 Gibson Road, Woodland
Art Farm Gala:
Saturday, October 15, 2022 3:00-6:00pm | Gibson House & Property 512 Gibson Road, Woodland
The artwork of this year's Cream of the Crop award winner will be featured on a 15th Anniversary commemorative poster
25% Artist discount at Blue Wing Gallery and Framing, Woodland
20% Artist discount at Ho's Framing (formerly Kwan's Framing), Davis
Need help with your Online Entry? Sign up HERE to schedule an appointment for help with your online entry.
ENTRY DEADLINE & ARTWORK DROP OFF
Online Entry Deadline: Aug 23, 5pm. Artwork Delivery Deadline: Aug 23, Aug 24 (9-5pm) Barn Gallery 512 Gibson Road, Woodland, CA
(Due to limited staff and office hours at YoloArts, Art Farm artwork can only be dropped off these two days.)
Artwork from left: Rachel Kline, Farm at Sunset; Patrick Cosgrove, Almond Orchard in Bloom; Dorothy Rosenberg, Shining in the Sun (Art Farm 2021)
- Artists may submit ONE work of art to the Art Harvest (non-juried)
- Juried Exhibition (optional): Artists are required to submit a work of art to the Art Harvest (non-juried) before they can submit ONE work of art to the Juried Exhibition.
- TOTAL Art Farm entry fee is $10. Entry fee covers 1 (Art Harvest) or 2 (Art Harvest and Juried) works of art.
- Jury selection will be based on the review of the original artwork which must be hand delivered on August 23 or 24 to The Barn Gallery between 9am-5pm, 512 Gibson Road Woodland, CA
- THEME: All artwork must be inspired by the farms and farmlands; open spaces; food and bounty; agriculture of Yolo County, CA. A variety of styles encouraged from representational, impressionistic, abstract, contemporary.
- Artwork must be original and must have been created in the last three years; not been shown in a previous Art Farm Exhibition.
- Artwork need not be created at the Art & Ag farm visits. For information on the Art & Ag Project farm visits contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All 2D artwork must be securely WIRED AND READY TO HANG. (No saw tooth hangers) 3D artwork will be installed in display cases or on pedestals.
- Submitted artwork may be no smaller than 8”x10” (framed) and no larger than 24” x 30” (framed).
- All Artwork must be LABELLED ON THE BACK with artist name, title, media, dimensions, date. (Juried work must also state retail value).
- When uploading images online make sure to label which image is for the Art Harvest and which image is for the Juried Exhibition.
- No artwork can be removed before the end of the exhibition, October 22, 2022
- Art Harvest entries will be sold for a preset price of $250.(See Rule 15 for artist compensation)
- Juried Exhibition artwork will be sold in a silent auction with opening bids starting at 1/3 of the retail value or an amount agreed upon by the artist.(See Rule 15 for artist compensation.)
- Artists have the option to receive 50% of proceeds or to donate 100% proceeds to the YoloArts Art & Ag Project on all artwork submitted.
- All artwork will be displayed on YoloArts’ website. Juried artwork is available for pre-sale at full retail value prior to Art Farm Gala. (See Rule 15 for artist compensation)
- ENTRYTHINGY TIPS
A. CATEGORY: Indicate whether this entry is for Art Harvest (non-juried) or for Juried Art Exhibition.
B. STATEMENT SPECIFIC TO ENTRY: Include a few lines about yourself, your artistic process, and if you participate in the Art & Ag project.
C. PIECES FOR THIS ENTRY - Description: Indicate the farm name or location that the artwork was inspired by, (if applicable)
8/23/22 or 8/24/22 - Artwork Due for Juried and Non-Juried Art Farm Exhibition
Artwork must be hand-delivered to The Barn Gallery | 512 Gibson Road between 9am-5pm Woodland, CA 95695
8/29/22 - Notification of acceptance into Juried Exhibition
8/30/22 - Pick up artwork not accepted into Juried Exhibition
9/8/22 - 10/15/22- Art Farm Exhibition Dates (only remaining artwork displayed thru 10/22)
9/8/22 - Art Farm Exhibition Opening at The Barn Gallery. Art Farm Artist Awards will be announced at 6:30pm.
10/15/22 - Art Farm Gala
Gibson House & Property 512 Gibson Road, Woodland 3-6pm (a ticketed event)
10/22/22 - Last Day of Art Farm Exhibition (with remaining work)
10/24/22 Artists pick up artwork - 10:00am - 5pm The Barn Gallery 512 Gibson Road Woodland, CA
Art Farm Exhibition Opening
Thursday, September 8, 2022 | 5:30-8:00pm | Free Event
Art Harvest (non-juried) and juried artwork will be exhibited at The Barn Gallery. Art Farm Artist Awards will be announced at 6:30pm. Winners of the Plein Air Poetry Contest will read winning poems. To enter Poetry Contest link here
All artwork will be available for purchase at the Art Farm Gala
Art Farm Gala
October 15, 2022 | 3:00-6:00pm | Ticketed Event
The Art Farm Gala is a fundraiser for the arts and land preservation. This daytime event will include an Art Harvest, silent auction, tacos and salsa bar by Tacos 911 Catering, and local farm food and wine tastings. All to be enjoyed 'al fresco' style among the old growth olive trees and native oaks. Art Harvest (non-juried) entries will be sold for a preset price of $250. The juried artwork will be part of an online silent auction.
YoloArts is honored to welcome renowned California artist, Kurt Fishback, as our guest juror of Art Farm this year.
Kurt Edward Fishback, son of photographer Glen Fishback and name-sake of photographer Edward Weston, grew up as part of the photographic community in Northern California during the 1940's and 50's. Mentors and friends of the family included Ansel Adams, Wynn Bullock, and Edward Weston.
Practicing and teaching as a fine artist and photographer for more than 20 years, Kurt Fishback is noted for his portraits of other artists and photographers in their personal spaces. Some of these portraits are featured in The Candy Store exhibit showing at The Crocker Art Museum through May 1, 2022.
Fishback earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree (1967) in ceramics from the San Francisco Art Institute and a Master of Fine Arts degree from the University of California at Davis. He has taught art and art history at several institutions in North Carolina, Utah, and California.
His first major, one-person exhibit was held at the San Francisco Museum of Modern art in 1982. He is currently represented by the Camera Obscura Gallery in Denver, Colorado; and the Solomon/Dubnick Gallery and Appel Gallery in Sacramento, California.
Cream of the Crop - $500 (Selected by guest juror) For innovation, highest artistic merit and creativity, and best interpretation of the exhibition theme. The exhibition theme is explained in Guideline #5.
Plein Air Painting- $250 (Selected by guest juror) Includes paintings that have been painted in plein air, or in the studio and originating from life or a plein air study.
Farmers Pick - $250 (Selected by guest farmer from Art Harvest Entries) Distinctive artistic composition, execution, originality of theme.
People's Choice Award - $200 (Selected by the general public) to be announced at Art Farm Gala, Oct 15.
Art Farm Awards will be announced at the Opening Reception on Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 6:30pm