In its 12th year, YoloArts’ Art & Ag Project continues to celebrate farms as art, and art created on farms. The Art Farm Exhibition, the annual culmination of a season of artist to farm visits, features work cultivated on local farms and inspired by the open spaces, agriculture and bounty of Yolo County. This year’s … Continued
Art Farm: CALL FOR ART
Art Farm Exhibition & Gala
Call for Art
Thank you for applying, entries are now CLOSED
YoloArts invited Northern California artists to participate in the 12th annual Art Farm Exhibition & Art Farm Gala (juried and non-juried). These events raise awareness and funds for the YoloArts Art & Ag Project, The Yolo Land Trust and Yolo Farm to Fork.
The Art & Ag Project connects artists with Yolo County farmers and provides the community a unique glimpse into the two worlds of artistic expression and agriculture.
October 4, 2019 - December 3, 2019
18 years or older and resident of Northern California
All entries may be inspired by Yolo County farms and farmlands; open spaces; food and bounty; agriculture; agricultural heritage.
Any media including painting, photography, drawing, mixed media, ceramics, sculpture, mosaics, fiber art, printmaking, and more.
Art Farm Exhibition Opening Reception:
Gallery 625 |625 Court Street Woodland, CA | October 4, 2019
Art Farm Gala:
Hotel Woodland | 436 Main Street, Woodland, CA | November 1, 2019
25% Artist discount at Blue Wing Gallery and Framing, Woodland
20% Artist discount at Ho's Framing (formerly Kwan's Framing), Davis
- Artists may submit ONE work of art to the Art Harvest (non-juried)
- Juried Exhibition (optional): Artists are required to submit a work of art to the Art Harvest (non-juried) before they can submit ONE work of art to the Juried Exhibition.
- TOTAL Art Farm entry fee is $10. Entry fee covers 1 (Art Harvest) or 2 (Art Harvest and Juried) works of art.
- Jury selection will be based on the review of the original artwork which must be hand delivered by September 12 to YoloArts office between 9am-5pm, 508 Gibson Road Woodland, CA
- THEME: All artwork must be inspired by the farms and farmlands; open spaces; food and bounty; agriculture of Yolo County, CA.
- Artwork must be original and must have been created in the last two years; not been shown in a previous Art Farm Exhibition.
- Artwork need not be created at the Art & Ag farm visits. For information on the Art & Ag Project farm visits contact: Janice Purnell at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All 2D artwork must be securely WIRED AND READY TO HANG. (No saw tooth hangers) 3D artwork will be installed in display cases.
- Submitted artwork may be no smaller than 8”x10” (framed) and no larger than 30” x 36” (framed).
- All Artwork must be LABELLED ON THE BACK with artist name, title, media, dimensions, date. (Juried work must also state retail value).
- When uploading images online make sure to label which image is for the Art Harvest and which image is for the Juried Exhibition.
- No artwork can be removed before the end of the exhibition, December 3rd.
- Art Harvest entries will be sold for a preset price of $250.(See Rule 15 for artist compensation)
- Juried Exhibition artwork will be sold in a silent auction with opening bids starting at 1/3 of the retail value or an amount agreed upon by the artist.(See Rule 15 for artist compensation.)
- Artists have the option to receive 50% of proceeds or to donate 100% proceeds to the YoloArts Art & Ag Project on all artwork submitted.
- All artwork will be displayed on YoloArts’ website. Juried artwork is available for pre-sale at full retail value prior to Art Farm Gala. (See Rule 15 for artist compensation)
- ENTRYTHINGY TIPS
A. CATEGORY: Indicate whether this entry is for Art Harvest (non-juried) or for Juried Art Exhibition.
B. STATEMENT SPECIFIC TO ENTRY: Include a few lines about yourself, your artistic process, and if you participate in the Art & Ag project.
C. PIECES FOR THIS ENTRY - Description: Indicate the farm name or location that the artwork was inspired by, (if applicable)
9/12/19 - Artwork Due for Juried and Non-Juried Art Farm Exhibition
Artwork must be hand-delivered to YoloArts Office between 9am-5pm 508 Gibson Road Woodland, CA 95695
9/24/19 - Notification of acceptance into Juried Exhibition
9/26/19 - Pick up artwork not accepted into Juried Exhibition
10/4/19 to 12/03/19- Art Farm Exhibition Dates
10/4/19 - Art Farm Exhibition Opening Reception and Presentation of Juried Awards (except People's Choice) - 5:30-8:00pm - Gallery 625, 625 Court Street Woodland, CA
11/1/19 - Art Farm Gala
Hotel Woodland - 6:00-9:00pm - 436 Main Street, Woodland, CA
12/03/19 - Art Farm Exhibition Closes
12/04/19 - Artists pick up remaining artwork - 10:30am - Gallery 625, 625 Court Street, Woodland, CA
Art Farm Exhibition Opening Reception
October 4, 2019 | 5:30-8pm
Art Harvest (non-juried) and juried artwork will be exhibited at Gallery 625 for the month of October. Opening reception will include announcement of juried awards totaling $2000 by Art Farm juror. (People's Choice award will be announced at the Art Farm Gala on November 1.) All artwork will be available for purchase at the Art Farm Gala. This event is free and open to the public.
Art Farm Gala
November 1, 2019 | 6-9 pm
The Art Farm Gala is a fundraiser for the arts and land preservation, featuring locally grown artwork, food, wine, beer and live music – a true celebration of the bounty of Yolo County! Art Harvest (non-juried) entries will be sold for a preset price of $250. The juried artwork will be part of a silent auction. (See Rules of Entry for Juried Exhibition and Silent Auction pricing.) This is a ticketed event. All participating artists receive half-off ticket price.
YoloArts is pleased to introduce this year's Art Farm Juror, Veronica Passalacqua, Curator, C. N. Gorman Museum at UC Davis. Biography +
Cream of the Crop - $1,000 (Selected by juror) For innovation, highest artistic merit and creativity,and best interpretation of the exhibition theme. The exhibition theme is explained in Guideline #5.
Farmers Pick - $500 (Selected by juror and guest farmer) Distinctive artistic composition, execution, originality of theme and depicting pride of place.
Plein Air Painting- $250 (Selected by juror) Includes paintings that have been painted in plein air, or in the studio and originating from life or a plein air study.
People's Choice- $250 (Selected by the community)
All awards (except People's Choice) will be announced at the Art Farm Exhibition Opening Reception on October 4.