News & FAQs
Under the new management of YoloArts, the Gibson Museum and Cultural Center is located at 512 Gibson Road in Woodland. YoloArts is currently facilitating landscape improvements and renovations to create innovative ways to experience the Gibson House and surrounding property.
We look forward to sharing the stories of the Gibson Family and the many others who have contributed to our unique and diverse Yolo County cultural history. Working collaboratively with local and countywide community members, organizations, historians and artists, we are exploring opportunities to generate new material and scholarship about the Gibson House and the original agricultural land. YoloArts is committed to discovering unique and creative ways to develop a new community space that builds on the legacy of this important historical site.
Contact YoloArts at email@example.com to receive more updated information regarding event rentals, school tours, and future projects and collaborations. Thank you.
- Expanded art education opportunities for all ages.
- Expanded resources and support for artists in many disciplines and arts organizations throughout Yolo County
- Expanded performance venues, as well as art and history exhibitions and lectures on the grounds and in the barns and Gibson mansion.
- Educational tours would be expanded from the current third grade only tour to those for K-12. This educational programming would ideally grow over time to additional age groups and topics of study, including arts related content.
- Countywide collaborations to engage the larger community in the rich cultural history of Yolo County.
- Over time, create the synergy of arts, history and outdoor spaces in one location to bring together people to give them the opportunity to engage in new interests and ideas nurturing understanding, appreciation and value for diverse creative expression.
- All current programs and activities will continue. Gallery 625 will continue exhibitions.
- The addition of new staff positions will support the added responsibilities and program areas.
- YoloArts will expand existing partnerships and cultivate new with a wide variety of agencies, community groups, and individuals.
- YoloArts Executive Director and staff will collaborate with the incoming Yolo County Curator to facilitate close cooperation and shared resources, especially in areas of exhibition and educational programming.
YoloArts will give updates about opportunities to provide input moving forward.
For further information from YoloArts please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All event reservations currently scheduled at the property (both private events and school tours) will be preserved during the operational transition.
New reservations are now being accepted. To receive more information and event rental packages, please contact Natalie Peeples at email@example.com.