This is an exciting time for YoloArts as we look forward to furthering our mission and activating the vision of a cultural center at the Gibson House.
The Gibson House, located at 512 Gibson Road in Woodland, was once a home and is now a historic icon. Over the span of 3 centuries this site has seen tremendous transformations and transitions. At the heart of the cultural center development, is preserving the Gibson House and property, while creating opportunities for you to experience Yolo County history, its cultures, and Art in new ways!
- Expanded art education opportunities for all ages.
- Expanded resources and support for artists in many disciplines and arts organizations throughout Yolo County
- Expanded performance venues, as well as art and history exhibitions and lectures on the grounds and in the barns and Gibson mansion.
- Educational tours would be expanded from the current third grade only tour to those for K-12. This educational programming would ideally grow over time to additional age groups and topics of study, including arts related content.
- Countywide collaborations to engage the larger community in the rich cultural history of Yolo County.
- Over time, create the synergy of arts, history and outdoor spaces in one location to bring together people to give them the opportunity to engage in new interests and ideas nurturing understanding, appreciation and value for diverse creative expression.
- All current programs and activities will continue. Gallery 625 will continue exhibitions.
- The addition of new staff positions will support the added responsibilities and program areas.
- YoloArts will expand existing partnerships and cultivate new with a wide variety of agencies, community groups, and individuals.
- YoloArts Executive Director and staff will collaborate with the incoming Yolo County Curator to facilitate close cooperation and shared resources, especially in areas of exhibition and educational programming.
YoloArts will give updates about opportunities to provide input moving forward.
For further information from YoloArts please email email@example.com.
All event reservations currently scheduled at the property (both private events and school tours) will be preserved during the operational transition. No new reservations are being taken for 2018 to allow a period of time for collection review and the operational transfer. New reservations will resume in the fall of 2018 for the 2019 calendar year. To receive notification of new event rental packages, please send your contact information to Natalie Peeples at firstname.lastname@example.org .