Response to COVID-19
YoloArts is committed to keeping you informed about our response to COVID-19. The health and well-being of our staff, volunteers, and guests is always a top concern. YoloArts is following the COVID-19 guidelines provided by Yolo County Health and Human Services and the Centers for Disease Control to aid in prevention. We will continue to monitor recommended action from these agencies.
YoloArts offices are temporarily closed. The Gibson Mansion and The Barn Gallery not currently open to the public, but available by appointment only, check HERE for more details. Gallery 625 is currently open M-F 8am-5pm. Monthly, Art & Ag artist to farm visits have resumed, check HERE for more details.
Staff are working remotely, and are able to respond to emails, contact information linked HERE. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Although our physical doors are closed, we will do our best to provide ways to engage and connect on our digital platforms, so we can all stay connected.
- Follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
- Tour The Barn Gallery, Gibson Mansion, and Gallery 625 by visiting our Online Galleries.
- Read weekly interviews with Yolo County creatives HERE.
- Virtually visit home studios and art collections in the region.
Check back periodically as we are continuing developing new ways for you to connect with the arts from the comfort of your home.
The Gibson House and Property
The 2.5 acre Gibson House property provides a beautiful setting for Woodland residents to enjoy a walk or run. Please observe social distancing practices as you take in some fresh air.
Highlights on the property include:
- The Greek Revival Historic Mansion was the former home of William Byas and Mary Gibson. The mansion was built in phases beginning in 1857.
- The historic Valley Oak stands prominently, northwest of the Gibson's mansion. A California native, this tree is estimated to be 300 years old and 83 inches in diameter.
- The Olive Orchard is the remaining portion of the Gibson's orchard. The orchard's olives were processed and sold during the property's heydey.
- The Garden, cultivated by the Gibson Gardeners, is just West of the mansion and features brick paths lined with blossoming plants. The Gardeners nurture garden spaces throughout the property and propagate plants for sale.
Resources for the Creative Community
We encourage everyone to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and similar respiratory diseases:
- Stay home, if you feel sick or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Wear a face covering when out in public.
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Dispose of the used tissue immediately.
Learn more about COVID-19:
YoloArts is committed to aligning our actions with the best recommendations and guidance from our public health authorities. You can also stay informed on the latest developments by monitoring these: