Waiver of Liability
In consideration for myself and my minor children being permitted by YoloArts to participate in workshop and activities I hereby waive, release and discharge any and all claims and damages for personal injury, death, or property damage which I or my minor children may sustain or which may occur as a result of my or my minor children’s participation in these activities. I understand and agree that:
1. This release is intended to discharge in advance YoloArts, its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, except for their sole negligence or intentional acts, connected in any way with the participation of myself or my minor children in activities;
2. The described activity may be of a hazardous, strenuous, and/or physical nature;
3. Participation in the described activity may occasionally result in injury, death or property damage;
4. Knowing the risk involved, nevertheless I voluntarily request permission for myself or minor child to participate in the described activity;
5. I hereby assume any and all risks of injury, death or property damage, and to release and hold harmless YoloArts, its officers, employees & agents, except for their sole negligence or intentional acts;
6. This waiver, release and assumption of risk is to be binding on the heirs and assigns;
7. I will indemnify and to hold YoloArts harmless from any loss, liability, damage, cost or expense, including litigation, which they may incur as a result of any injury and/or property damage which myself or my minor children may sustain while participating in said activities;
8. I will make good any loss or damage or cost YoloArts may have to pay if any litigation arises on account of any claim made by said minors or by anyone on said minor’s behalf;
9. In the event that said minor requires medical or surgical treatment while under the supervision of said YoloArts personnel in connection with the described activity, such supervisor may authorize treatment;
10. I will pay all medical, hospital, or other expenses which I or my minor children may incur as a result of such treatment;
11. Activities are not child care as defined by the State of California;
12. I understand that YoloArts staff may photograph, videotape, and interview me and/or my minor children and that the YoloArts may use such photographs, videotapes, and interviews to promote YoloArts activities. I expressly allow, and hereby waive any objection to, YoloArts photographing, videotaping, and interviewing of me and/or my minor children when I and/or my minor children are participating in a YoloArts program. I understand all photos and videotapes will remain the property of YoloArts;
13. YoloArts is not responsible for unattended children on the premises before or after classes for which they are enrolled.
I certify that I have custody or am the legal guardian of said minors by court order, and that I and my minor children are physically able to participate in the described activities. I have carefully read this Waiver of Liability, Medical Release, and Indemnification Agreement and fully understand its contents. I am aware that this is a release of liability and a contract between myself and the YoloArts, and that I sign it of my own free will. YoloArts may accept future phone-in registrations under these provisions. I also understand the Registration Policies and potential consequences set forth by the YoloArts and agree to such terms.