The Federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act of 2020 recognizes that the nonprofit creative sector is an important part of America’s economy. In response to the COVID-19 public health crisis, the National Endowment for the Arts awarded 40 percent of its CARES appropriation directly to state and regional arts agencies. As a state agency, the California Arts Council is distributing its share of funding to those among its State Local-Partners (SLPs) who elected to opt in.
YoloArts, as an SLP, is distributing $12,630 among eligible arts and cultural applicant organizations or groups who serve socially vulnerable populations and, particularly, communities of color, impacted by COVID-19 in Yolo County.
Grants will be awarded to arts & cultural organizations that serve socially vulnerable populations / communities of color in the amounts of $500–$3,000.
All applicants must meet the grant eligibility requirements listed below:
- Applicants must be an arts and culture organizations, or groups based in Yolo County, who serve communities of color.
- The organizations board of directors, staff and artistic contractors must include and represent the communities of color served by the organization.
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) status is not required.
- Arts activities, programs and/or services provided must be culturally relevant and responsive to the identified community or group.
- Priority will be given to general operating support, project-based support, and not the creation of new projects.
HOW TO APPLY
There are two ways to apply:
- Review complete grant guidelines HERE.
- Complete and submit the online application HERE, or;
- Download and complete the application fillable PDF.
- Return to YoloArts by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CARES for the Arts” in the subject line.
- If application must be hand-delivered, visit YoloArts administrative offices at 508 Gibson Road and drop through the mail slot in the garage door. Email email@example.com to notify YoloArts that the application has been dropped off.
Application deadline EXTENDED to January 13th at 5PM.